Entry to Uganda requires one to have a passport valid for six month from the time of Entry or a Visa or both depending on the country of Origin. Nationals of certain countries require visas to enter the country while some do not.
Countries whose nationals do not require visa to enter Uganda include; nationals from the member states of COMESA: Angola, Burundi, Comoros, Eritrea, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Madagascar, Rwanda, Seychelles, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Others exempted are nationals from; Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Fiji, Gambia, Grenada, Jamaica, Lesotho, Malta, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, St.Vincent and the Grenadines, Tonga, Vanuatu, Italy (only diplomatic passport holders), and Cyprus. However, these must possess valid identity cards from their respective countries.
In order to qualify for a visa to enter Uganda, the following requirements must be put in consideration.
1. You must be in possession of a valid passport issued by your government. Your passport must be valid past the date of your expected departure from Uganda.
2. Applicants without American passports should have a valid U.S visa or provide a copy of a green card / Resident Permit
3. You must have: An international Inoculation Certificate against Yellow Fever..
4. Applications for Visas may be submitted by mail or in person. Applications by post must be accompanied by a stamped, self-addressed USPS Express Overnight envelope only, for shipping your document(s) back to you.
Any other courier service with traceable delivery methods like FEDEX and DHL are also recommended.
5. Visa applications should be submitted 2 months before travel, at the earliest and not later than four days before travel
6. Mail the package to the Permanent Mission of Uganda to the United Nations 336 East 45th Street, New York, N.Y 10017,
Visa application process
(a). Applications forms are available online.
(b). Submit your passport and two (2) recent passport – size photographs with your filled form.
(c). Pay applicable Fees below, by money order or (cashier’s cheque) only
(d). In a secure envelope, enclose your passport form, the two photographs, the money order (or cashier cheque) and submit to Uganda Mission in your country
(e). Allow three (3) working days for your visa application to be processed.
For transit travelers and those intending to stay for a short month, Visas can be obtained at the airport upon arrival after feeling the visa application form.